HPE is about accelerating business outcomes with comprehensive solutions, from edge to cloud. And the Solutions team within the Storage business unit leads the company’s effort to create valuable ways to use, integrate and automate our intelligent storage products across leading business workloads and hybrid cloud use cases.
This Summer internship with the Storage Solutions team will comprise a cross-functional challenge and a tangible project outcome. This role will require applying your business, strategic and analytical thinking to develop a business case and high-level technical requirements. But will be done in conjunction with a technically aligned Intern who will manage the corresponding architecture, design, development and coding. A benefit and skill that you can expect at the end of the summer will be to have developed important collaborative skills, and the ability to work more effectively with engineers and those who develop technologies to extract value from data.
· Drive the development of a Solution Dashboard, from concept to requirements.
· Identify and remain centered on strategic goals and business-oriented project objectives.
· Interface with key stakeholders including Solution Managers, Program Managers and Solution Engineering. Gather priorities and requirements (functionality, usability, etc.)
· Leverage the knowledge of what exists for related dashboards, what has been done in the past, as well as related business systems and data sources (content management systems, online libraries, web repositories), in designing your project.
· The outcome should be a web-based dashboard that tracks Solution status in terms of key activities and collateral by using visualizations and metrics. It should also be dynamic in how data can be filtered by level of user, as well as providing the ability to drill down from high level status views to specific details and actual resources.
· Project includes a presentation within a company-wide end-of the-summer Intern Showcase.
· Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business or related interdisciplinary study such as Informatics.
· Junior year student (3rd year of 4 year program).
· Located in San Francisco bay area (no relocation).
· Demonstrated ability to apply an analytical approach to business, driven by the intelligent use of data.
· Interest in conceiving of and managing technology offerings that solve business problems.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to excel within an open and collaborative team culture.
The internship will run from June to August, 2021.
Contact me if you’re interested: michael.harding <at> hpe.com