HPE Storage is extending and expanding its commitment to Industry Storage solutions with more publications, event presence and new solution development. HPE Storage products have already been part of industry-focused solutions across all commercial sectors for decades, and this new level of investment is to enhance what we deliver and how we promote our unique and valuable vertically optimized Data storage solutions.
Applied innovations happening across industries
Amazing enterprise technology opportunities are being realized today within specific industries. Many innovative, market-leading organizations have been tracking new technology trends, but have not been able to implement them until they became more complete offerings. We believe we’re at a stage of applied innovation in tech, evidenced by what we’re now seeing, such as metaverse technologies for Digital Twins in manufacturing, video surveillance as part of smart cities, and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) for specific financial services usage.
The Storage team expects to build upon investments made in its GreenLake for Data Storage as a service platform, enabling new hybrid-cloud data solutions and industry-wide data management offerings. Initial industry solution work is planned for Financial Services, Manufacturing, Public Sector & Education, Healthcare and Life Sciences, and Telecommunications.
Not new solutions but a new focus
The approach the Storage team is taking will include more promotion such as blogs to better show the role of data storage within industry vertical solutions, more support for the channel, and strengthened partnerships that are core to these joint industry offerings.
A short list of some of these featured partners includes SAP who is recognized as a leading ISV in the Manufacturing space, VAST Data which enables solutions across a range of industry use cases, Epic and Meditech who are known in the medical Electronic Health Records market, Tookitaki for its anti-money laundering (AML) software, and data protection partners like Veeam and Commvault that protect important data stores such as those comprising Private Clouds for Government.
Making an initial deposit into the Financial Services industry
The financial services industry stands at a key juncture of a technological revolution. The adoption of complex technologies has become a pivotal factor in shaping the landscape of the financial sector, with a few specific challenges rising above the others:
- Cybersecurity – With the increasing digitization of financial transactions, the risk of cyber threats has soared to unprecedented levels. Institutions must invest in robust security measures, such as advanced authentication protocols, encryption, and real-time threat detection systems, to safeguard sensitive data and protect their customers from potential breaches.
- Regulatory Compliance – The financial services industry is subject to a labyrinth of regulatory frameworks, such as GDPR and PSD2, designed to ensure data privacy and fair competition. Financial institutions must navigate these complex regulations while simultaneously embracing new technologies, striking a delicate balance between innovation and compliance.
- Legacy Systems – Many established financial institutions grapple with outdated legacy systems that hinder their ability to adapt and respond swiftly to market demands. Upgrading and modernizing these systems are imperative to enhance operational efficiency, streamline processes, and enable seamless integration with emerging technologies.
At the same time, there are important technology opportunities that are allowing bold institutions to get ahead of their competition:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) – AI and ML have the potential to revolutionize the financial services industry. Intelligent algorithms can automate manual tasks, improve risk assessment models, and enhance fraud detection mechanisms, leading to enhanced customer experiences, reduced costs, and increased operational efficiency.
- Scale out File storage – Demanding big data applications like Monte Carlo simulation, statistics and analytics are being used across the industry. They require high performance, petabyte scale file storage, using all-NVMe, and they’re now available as cloud-based, pay-per use platforms, but with on-premises data control and protection.
- Trade from anywhere – The pandemic forced Trading firms to support virtualized desktops that met changing workplace needs and reduced space and IT cost, while maintaining high availability and data security. They leverage the latest NVIDIA graphic acceleration, vGPU, Data protection and disaster recovery capabilities.
We began our latest Industry work based on these challenges and opportunities facing Financial organizations.
HPE Storage Solutions for Financial Services
HPE Storage solutions for financial services are offerings for institutions performing tasks such as securities trading, money management, and digital banking. The solutions comprise cloud-connected data storage management for financial services applications, and what makes them stand out are the use of market-leading HPE infrastructure products.
Three data storage solutions are for Anti-Money Laundering, Quantitative Trading, and Trader workplaces:
- Trader workplace — This solution lets Trading firms evolve from “servers under the desk” to “Desktop as a Service” meeting new delivery requirements and being available as a monthly HPE GreenLake subscription. It uses a performance-oriented VDI built on HPE Alletra dHCI with HPE Alletra 6000 all-NVMe storage.
- Anti-money laundering — This solution helps Financial institutions prevent losses and meet compliance requirements, using Tookitaki’s award-winning AML solution delivered in an HPE GreenLake consumption model. The data layer is comprised of HPE Apollo 4200 storage servers.
- Quantitative trading — This solution addresses the need for large file data storage for demanding big data uses such as Monte Carlo simulation, statistics and other analytics. HPE GreenLake for File Storage, built using technology from VAST Data, is our as-a-service offering that handles these big data file challenges.
A fundamental element to all these industry solutions will be HPE GreenLake for Data Storage. It’s the industry pioneering storage-as-a-service platform that provides a cloud operating experience for every workload that it runs. Customers enjoy simplified operations, and get to consume enterprise-class data storage resources as a service. This turns around the old image of enterprise IT products, into a vibrant new cloud-connected service.
Cash in on the latest Financial Services solutions using HPE Data Storage
The financial services industry stands at a critical juncture, where the integration of complex technologies offers unprecedented opportunities for growth, efficiency, and customer experience enhancement. And HPE Storage Solutions for Financial Services deliver unique value across the sector. Find out more about our specific solutions available today. Read more about data storage solutions for the Financial Services industry in the new Solution brief: https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00131254enw